By Joseph Shulam
This last seven days were full of celebration in Jerusalem. It was the annual Jerusalem day and then President Donald Trump visited Israel and yesterday was the 50th Jubilee year for the unification of Jerusalem. Very busy time and full of celebration for all of Israel but specially for Jerusalem. Of course celebrations are wonderful and the city was dressed up with flags and there were lights decorating the walls of the Old City with scenes of Israel’s history both ancient and more recent. President Trump’s visit was pleasing to most of the people of Israel because the President said things that the Israeli Jewish population wanted to hear and that is always pleasing the crowds. There is no doubt that Donald Trump was elected because he knows to say the things that please the crowd at least the crowd that he wants to please.
We all ought to pray for President Donald Trump because of the high office that he holds and because so much of the whole world’s future welfare is in his hands.
- We ought to pray that the President of the USA is going to be faithful to keep his promises.
- We ought to pray that he will work toward peace all around the World, but at the same time not compromise the values of truth and the vital interests of the USA nor those of Israel and the rest of the allies and democratic countries of the World.
- We ought to pray that the President of the USA will have high moral values based on Biblical principles and not on empty humanistic postmodern philosophy.(This would include the issues of abortions and homosexuality and just respect and honor for women . . ..)
Please also keep praying for Netivyah Bible Instruction Ministry in Jerusalem. This is a special and unique ministry in Israel and around the World. We have been blessed with a new building and many of you have sacrificed to make this building possible. Now this new building serves as a special place for those who want to see a synagogue of Jewish Disciples of Yeshua that are restoring the message and the impact of the first century community of disciples of Rabbi Yeshua of Nazareth in this great city with influence around the World. We need your prayers for the following:
- The young leadership that is taking the helm in their hands and doing a wonderful job leading, teaching, and serving the Lord and the community of the saints.
- Pray that our impact as a community will merge and synchronize with the rest of the Jewish people who might not recognize Yeshua as the Messiah, yet, but are seeking and working for the redemption of Israel and the world from Jerusalem.This might not be understood by some, but the LORD is raising in Israel and in the Jewish communities around the world leaders who are seeking both a relationship with the disciples of Yeshua and also redemption of Israel and the world.We should be open and willing to see the hand of the Lord working among the traditional Jewish communities – because the LORD is doing it and He does not have to ask permission from the Christian Churches. Praise be His name for ever, Amen!
- Pray that Netivyah will have the financial means to continue to do all the wonderful and good things that it does: Feeding the poor of Jerusalem.Speaking the Word of God on the Radio seven days each week for more than 20 years.Publishing valuable material in English and many other languages, on paper and in the electronic media, investing in the future generations of Jewish and Arab disciples of Yeshua in this land, blessing the disciples of Yeshua who are serving in the Israeli Defense Forces, teaching, bringing good news to people in Israel and around the world.For all these good things, we need your support in prayer and in finances.
- Pray for the sick in the long lists of sick brothers and sisters from around the world. The list is below.
- Pray for me in person!I am now as busy and may be busier than I have been ever before.I am 71 years old and running around the world like a young buck.I need the strength of a young man and the wisdom of King Solomon to keep this up and leave room for the leaders in Jerusalem to do their work faithfully at home.
- Pray for my own family because without good health and peace at home I shall not be able to do what I am doing now.
Netivyah has the following needs that I ask you to pray for:
1. We are looking for some more workers. We need bi-lingual (Hebrew and English) workers. One new worker to help with the book-keeping and financial issues. One new worker to help Yuda with the youth work. Yuda has a very fine new Munchkin group of around 20 kids. He is also the director of HaMotzi – Food Distribution program, and the coordinator of the worship on Shabbat and he also teaches very often in the congregation.
2. We want to expand the HaMotzi food distribution program. The demand is there and the need is there and the willingness of Netivyah to feed more families and people is here. What we need is more funds for this unique ministry in Jerusalem.
3. We have mailed the new Teaching from Zion magazine last week and now we are starting the next issue that will deal with the topic of Miracles. We need your prayer and support to make the best possible magazine on this very important topic that is often misused by so many and the real things that the Lord does are ignored and exchanged for the fake things that are so easily mass produced by media.
The prayer list for the sick and needy of God’s Grace!
Please continue to pray for my family, Marcia, Danah our daughter and Noaam our granddaughter and Barry our son, Joey our grandson, Beth our daughter-in-law, and for Marcia’s family in East Tennessee.
We ask you to pray for the mother of a dear brother in Jerusalem who is 89 years old and sick. Her name is Askele the daughter of Miriam.
Please don’t forget to pray specially pray for Ynon –the baby needs healing and strength and his family needs encouragement and strength. David, Ynon’s father is doing much better and getting over the shingles. Thank you very much for praying for David.
Kari A., a dear brother in Finland is home recovering from a very big colon surgery. Please continue to pray for Kari A. in Finland.
Our dear sister Salme who has dedicated years of her life and of the life of her husband Keijo to service in God’s Kingdom and for Israel needs our prayers. Salme had a pacemaker installed in her chest in order to regulate her heart. Please pray for healing and protection and a long life of feeling good and continued service for God and for His Kingdom.
I ask for special prayers for our dear brothers and sisters in Finland: Keijo and Salme, Sister Airi, Anne-Mirjami, Anna-Majia, Satu-Maria and her daughters, Tim Tucker, Erki and Sirpa and for our dear Finish members of the Roeh Israel Congregation, Leah K., Ahuva B., Ilana H. I also ask you for the following members of the congregation in Jerusalem: David S., Sarit, Miriam, Hannah, Greg, Yuri M. who is in the hospital now with serious kidney problems and Daniel P., who is also in the hospital for rehabilitation after a serious motorcycle accident. Brothers and sisters in the USA that need your prayers for healing: Emmet, Bobby, Ruby is now especially in need of encouragement from the Lord, John M. Aaron H., John M., Liz Johnson, and in Holland we have a very special and dear Tineke who is fighting cancer and needs our sincere and intense prayer for healing.
Brothers and sisters in Brazil that need healing: Paulo, Naomi, Clara, Evelyn and Marcelo’s father and especially his mother.
In Japan, we have the following brothers and sisters that need your prayers for healing: Pra. Curita, Toru, Tomoko San, Sadako San, Takeo Sensei, and Daisuke Sensei, and Sister Yumi’s husband.
The list of brothers and sisters who need strength and blessing in their homes and in their business, is also important to pray for: The Goh family, and especially Raymond are doing much better now and Raymond especially need divine wisdom and help from heaven to do what the Lord has given him to do for his family for his company and above all for the Kingdom of God.
Pray for Sister Christy, Sister Laurel, and for Brother Michael Kenzevic, and Daniel L., all need success and prosperity in their life and work. Pray for a dear brother in Finland by the name of David. Pray that the Lord will provide for David H., an excellent job that will honor his gifting and his family.
Pray for Roger, a dear brother who stands with so many good works and with Netivyah. He needs wisdom and peace and success in his work and life.
God bless all of you who pray for the Salvation of Israel and the World. We all need to make our Horizonte wider and have at least the dream and the desire to see the entire world kneel before the King of Kings and Lord of Lords and be dressed in white on that day when the trumpet shall sound and the dead shall arise. If we don’t have that desire we will also not do things to make this happen. If we don’t have the faith we shall not be focused on that which is in God’s heart and desire.
Joseph and Marcia Shulam