The Jerusalem Prayer List February 2, 2017
By Joseph Shulam
The Israelites are leaving Egypt in this week’s reading of the Torah. The reading is from Exodus 10:1 – 13:16 – Parashat Bo. I suppose that this reading of the Exodus is probably one of the most significant readings in the Word of God that describes the whole concept of SALVATION.
Here are some of the basic elements of the exodus:
- The people are oppressed and mal-treated by a big world power.
- There is racial discrimination and injustice against people.
- The strong take advantage of the weak and abuse their civil rights because of their vulnerability.
- When the suffering people complain and cry for justice – things get worst and a heavier hand is used to suppress the suffering people.
- The suffering people cry to God for help. God is their only resort and hope for change for the better of their conditions.
- God has prepared a savior at least 40 years in advance.
- The savior is activated by a deep sense of justice and righteousness that is deeply engraved in his conscience, probably from his mother’s milk and from the values of the empire, that are not being practiced by their rulers. (A national hypocrisy)
- The savior wants to and tries to help the suffering people, but is rejected by them and betrayed.
- The conditions of the suffering nation only go from bad to worst. They continue to cry to God for help.
- The savior is in exile serving a pagan priest and his family.
- God wakes up the savior with a dramatic wake-up call with a burning bush and a reissue of the mission to save the people who are suffering from injustice and slavery.
- God provides the savior with the tools that are necessary to accomplish his mission successfully. The success of this mission is totally not logical and against all odds.
- The savior takes up God’s mission, the tools that God has provide him and goes back to Egypt with a positive attitude – I am going to save the suffering nation from slavery and from social injustice.
- He is again rejected by the very people whom he is sent to serve.
- God demonstrates by power, and signs and wonders and plagues that He alone is in control of both nature and earthly politics and politicians. Earls, Princes, Kings and presidents, are all beholden to God for who they are and what they are and when God is ready they all fall on their faces and beg for mercy.
- God tests the resolve of the oppressed people and their faith by asking them to do something strange and not logical. The test that God issues to the suffering nation is a demand to put their ideas of what is right and what should happen under HIS MIND and HIS LOGIC. They are asked to offer a lamb for the sacrifice and smear the blood of that lamb on their clean door posts. This simple act was not reasonable nor was it logical but it was a test and a prophetic act that will test the resolve of the people that will demonstrate their willingness to be saved and come out of Egypt.
- The people who do obey God’s silly demands and smear the blood of the lamb on their door posts – are ordered to pack up their belongings and eat the meat of the lamb that was roasted on fire, take the unleavened bread that they baked in haste. They were also to go and ask and take gold and silver and wealth from their former task-masters and Egyptian nobility that built their wealth on the pain and suffering of the enslaved.
- 18. The plague strikes every household of the Empire of Egypt and now they are willing to let God’s people go because they understood that it is not worth it to misuse their power to enrich themselves by the suffering of others. No one can build his happiness by making other suffer.
- The Israelites finally leave Egypt with an outstretched arm and with the wealth of Egypt.
- The final demonstration of God’s power and the need to have faith in God and march according to HIS guidance is the crossing of the Red Sea on dry land.
Much to our regret and according to the continuation of the Bible – this lesson does not last more than one generation and the wheels of history keep turning and we both as a nation and as human being have to relearn this lessons again and again, until the ultimate savior comes to end this cycle and end this earth as we know it.
Every year reading this text in Exodus becomes again and again a source of inspiration for me. I ask myself the question “Will the circle be unbroken?” I answer myself with the words of the song, “by and by Lord by and by!” The Savoir that God has prepared for this task is still serving as a poor shepherd in the service of the gentile pagan priest in the exile away from the Land of Promise given to His forefathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. In the words of a Talmudic story, “The Messiah is at the gates of Rome, sitting among the poor, the sick and wretched. Like them, he changes the bindings of his wounds, but does so one wound at the time, in order to be ready at a moment’s notice.” (Babylonian Talmud Tractate Sanhedrin 98a.)
This is the reason my dear brothers and sisters that Yeshua is our Passover. The whole Passover is patterned as a fore runner event of the ultimate Salvation of all mankind in Yeshua son of David son of Abraham.
My son Barry – has yesterday received the green light to return back to work. The hole in his stomach is not yet fully closed but it is closing to Barry’s satisfaction and to the Doctors satisfaction. We are all grateful for your prayers for Barry’s health. Please continue to pray for his health and for the full success of the surgery and healing.
Now the big challenge in my family is my daughter Danah. She has carried on faithfully walking with the Lord and raising our granddaughter alone. We are praying for a breakthrough in Danah’s life and in Noaam’s life. We are praying for the Good LORD to open doors and possibilities that only HE, THE ALMIGHTY, can open for anyone.
Please keep praying for the USA and for Israel and for the relationship and promises made by the new president of the USA to Israel and for ISRAEL.
Iran has launched an ICBM missile that is capable to reach near 4000 kilometers. This means that Iran can of course reach Israel – all of Israel. Iran can also reach most all of Europe’s capital cities and if they install these missiles on submarines they could get close enough to reach all the major coastal cities in the USA. These ICBM missiles can carry nuclear war heads. A country that says that they are interested in nuclear power for peaceful use and not military use – why does Iran want such long-range missiles? Israel’s prime minister spoke in the Security Counsel of the United Nations in New York City and warned that Iran is not speaking the truth in these negotiations that Obama organized. Netanyahu said that Iran will not stop their development of nuclear weapons. You see the Arabs and Muslims have the philosophy that going forward even in a small step a salami can be totally taken piece by piece. It is called the Salami method. In Israel, we have seen this method used for 70 years. If they can just take one small step it brings them closer to their goal. So, they are willing to make an agreement like the Oslo Accord that does not give them all that they want but it brings them closer to the next slice of the Salami.
Please pray that the New President of the United States is wise enough to understand with whom he is dealing and receive wisdom and courage to keep his promises to Israel and move the US Embassy to Jerusalem.
Israel has taken a bold step yesterday and uprooted a Jewish settlement in Samaria. The people were taken out of their homes and their homes were all destroyed. The reason for this is that this settlement was built on private Arab/Palestinian land. Israel with the approval of Benjamin Netanyahu totally uprooted many families with children. The Arabs/Palestinians complain about building settlements and the U.N. calls these illegal, but there is no country that has a legal system that is standing for righteousness like the Israeli courts. Please pray for Israel and pray for the Israeli court system to remain vigilant and seek righteousness and truth.
Pray for Kol HaYeshua Radio and Netivyah media ministry. We want to enhance and strengthen our outreach via media. We are looking for a young man or woman who knows media and wants to work with media to bring Good News to Israel in the Hebrew language.
Pray for the Teaching from Zion Ministry Congress in Brazil during the Carnival season on Brazil. Brothers and sisters from all around Brazil and many from South America and the United States will attend and even a large delegation from China is coming to attend this year. The topic will be “The Church of the Book of Acts and Today.” It is a classic congress on the Restoration of the Church and the implications for today. We need your prayers for the success and the impact of this year’s congress. Our Brazilian brothers are putting themselves out to make this year the best possible congress. They need our prayers and support and we all do to make it a successful event that will bring honor to God and inspire our brothers and sisters.
Marcia, Yuda and I will be first stopping in the city of Vitoria in the state of Espirito Santo in Brazil. We will be stopping to dedicate a new congregation in that city. The first congregation that we help established in that city went sour because of female leadership that used deception and manipulation of the people. Now we are bringing a Torah Scroll as a gift to this new congregation that is called “Grace and Truth” and is being led by dear brothers whom I had the privilege of baptizing 19 years ago when they were high school students. Please pray for the leadership of this new congregation: Francisco, Jose-Maria, and their families. These men are holding fulltime jobs and have families. Prayer support is of extreme importance to have divine support for the success of this new community. They are starting good with 70 adults and some children. Keep the Grace and Truth Congregation in prayer!
Pray for the sick and those who need special blessings from the LORD!
Please keep Danah our daughter and Noaam our granddaughter in your prayers. Danah is doing her best and more than her best to be a good mother. She has been living an extreme Sacrificial life for her daughter. Danah needs your prayers. Please pray for God to give Danah a breakthrough in her life. Pray to God to give her strength and give her health and give Noaam a deep appreciation for her mother and peace in her heart.
Please keep praying for the sick brothers and sisters from all around the World. I would like to ask you to pray for some friends who have a need for God’s blessing on their work: Chung and Sister Lee. I have special concern for our dear brother Goh and his family, and for Sister Christy, Sister Laurel, and for Brother Michael Kenzevic, and Daniel L., and his company. These are brothers who have needs in their work and God is gracious to bless and help those who have concern to bless others.
Please don’t forget to especial pray for healing and strength for our dear brothers in Murfreesboro. Pray for our dear brother and sister Bobby, and Emmet, and Joe M., and Gloria D., these are all very precious brothers and friends are battling serious health issues and we must keep them in our prayers.
Please don’t forget to pray for our dear sister Ruby, and for my finest teachers, Dr. John McRay, and George Howard.
Keep Gary in your prayers and Nancy’s and Don’s son Aharon who is doing better now, but still is struggling with a tumor in his brain keep him in your prayers please! Yuri Marianenko a member of our congregation in Jerusalem is fighting a prostate cancer. Our wonderful older brothers and sisters need our prayers: Ahuvah Ben Meir, David Stern, Marcia Shulam, Sarit, Miriam, Ilana, and Leah. This week I am adding to this prayer list our dear sister Lydia – lift her up in your prayers and ask for special encouragement for her from the Lord Himself.
We lift up our dear brothers and sisters Clara, Paulo, Naomi, Tim Tucker, Anna, Anne-Mirijami, Satu-Maria, Anna-Majia, Sinni Tuuli, Erki and Sirpa, and Evelina, Eva H., and our dear sister Liz J., in Georgia, and Horace and June Marcia’s parents.
We especially lift up before your throne of mercy Marcelo’s father and mother in Belo-Horizonte. We pray for the following dear brothers and sisters: Pastor Curita in Tokyo, Toru San, and the husband of Yumi, Sadako San, Shoko San, Takeo Sensei and Tomoko San all in Japan.
I bless all of you who are praying and supporting the work of the Lord in Israel. May all the blessings promised to those who bless Abraham’s seed, and may you see the fulfillment of all your dreams. My gratitude is beyond words! God bless you my dear Brothers and Sisters. Please keep praying for the Restoration of the church and of Israel.
Pray for a victory over the forces of terrorism around the World. The source of all these terrorist activities around the whole world is known and it is one.
May God have mercy on our World! We need to learn to use these tools of spiritual warfare, and I am sorry to say that we are not training our brothers and sisters to at least know the real meaning of these tools of war and learn how to use them effectively.
Pray for Marcia’s health and a successful trip to Brazil and Argentina this February. God be with you and bless you for all the good that you are doing in Yeshua’s name!
Please keep your prayers and your financial support for the poor and hungry of Jerusalem, and for Kol HaYeshua and for the publication of the “Teaching from Zion” magazine, and books, and an extensive teaching of God’s Word ministry around the World. Pray for our brothers and sisters in Finland and especially for Keijo and Salme who are using their life as a candle to light the way for so many brothers and sisters in Finland. Pray for their health, strength, and blessing to be able to continue sharing the Good News of Yeshua to our Finnish brothers and sisters. Pray for David and Tuuli and their family and especially their children. Give David and Tuuli a wisdom from heaven and many open doors to walk through.